FundHub ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us or on our behalf. Certain definitions set out in our Terms and Conditions also apply in this policy. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://fundhub.sussex.ac.uk/ you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection legislation (namely the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018, as may be amended) (‘data protection legislation’), the data controller is the University of Sussex, registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference Z6428144.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information from you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://fundhub.sussex.ac.uk (the Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, participate in discussions on the Site, use the Site's social media functions, pledge sponsorship monies to a Project, register a Project, and when you report a user, Project or a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, PayPal email address, social media information, pledge information, personal description, your Gift Aid choices and photograph or avatar. If you wish to alter or remove any of the information you have given us, please log into your account and update your profile, as appropriate.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our user service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, including publicly available social media information about you. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Your financial information.
Stripe processes all of the transactions on the Site and Stripe are the only people who see your credit card information. Stripe’s use of your information is governed by its own privacy terms and we refer you to Stripe’s website at www. stripe.com/gb. Neither FundHub nor anyone else views or has access to your credit card information.
Uses made of information.
We will use information held about you in various ways: Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already registered for or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, including (but not limited to) registering to use the Site, posting a Project on the Site, sending messages to other users of the Site, sponsoring a Project, and using social media tools, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Your use of information
Users of the Site agree not to abuse Creators' personal information. For these purposes, abuse is defined as the use of personal information for any purpose other than those specifically stated in the Creator's Project.
Users of the Site agree not to abuse Sponsors' personal information. For these purposes, abuse is defined as using personal information for any purpose other than to contact Sponsors directly with regard to the Creator's project.
Disclosure of your information. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, including, Sponsorcraft Limited, which operates the Site and processes your information on our behalf.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If FundHub or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FundHub, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
As data controller, FundHub will hold your data securely under the terms of the data protection legislations and it will be treated confidentially and with the utmost care and respect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the data protection legislation by contacting the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org